• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

who really gets accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesquid

I got a few questions I was hoping someone out there could help me answer ...

1)Is it at all possible to become a full fledged navy pilot through OCS without the coveted SNA slot ... that is, in marine OCS candidates can sometimes switch their career track, is this possible in the navy (i.e. NFO to SNA?)

2)I've heard that, for the most part, SNA slots are only awarded to applicants with B.S.'s or pure science majors whose GPA's are somewhere in the neighborhood of 3.2+. Does a kid persuing a B.A. in a double social science major with a GPA of 2.9 and some pretty damn good extracurricularshave a shot at the slot(thinking optimistically about ASTB and PFT scores of course)?

Thanks

BeanFighter

pilot
Q1: Don't know the Navy side. Ground contract Marines can "win" a pilot slot from TBS if they are in the top 5 or so of 200+ in the company and if the slots exist at the time.
Q2: Concur. The board will check out your overall package (so to speak) and evaluate you on everything. Not just GPA and degree, but leadership experience and aptitude, dedication to goals, etc.
Summary: Supply and demand rules. How you stack up against the other applicants during feast or famine will decide your fate. You can't will if you ddon't buy a ticket.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I agree with all of the above. I have a BA in GIS and I'm currently in primary.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.