• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who gets what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thor44

Greetings everyone!
I am just wondering if anyone has any data on the general percentages of assignments people get after flight training. For example, How many get helos, how many get 18s etc. Thanks!

Live Pure,
Right Wrong,
Speak True,
Follow the King,
Else Wherefore Born?

farkle84

pretty sure it depends on the needs of the navy at that point of time. the pipeline changes all the time.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thor...you're talking apples and oranges in your post. A Helo (helicopter) is a type of aircraft, where an F/A-18is a type of fixed-wing airplane.

It is quite doubtful you will find the stats to answer your question. When aviators select at the end of Primary, they choose jets, props, helos, E-6 or E-2C/C-2.

Getting what you want is all based on your accumulated NSS (flying grades) up to that point and the needs of the navy/availability. As Farkle84 said, this changes ALL THE TIME. Whe I was in the pipeline, I saw entire groups of people get selected for helos with nobody getting jets and vice versa (all jets...no helos). A lot is a matter of timing when you end up going through the pipeline.

My advice to you and every other single person is too do your best.

--Steve

thor44

ok, that is basically what I was looking for. Thnanks!

Live Pure,
Right Wrong,
Speak True,
Follow the King,
Else Wherefore Born?

Stephen

I must agree with Steve. STUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDY...whew...STUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDY!!! Especially if you are a non program OCS grad. Because if you attrite from the pipeline, gone are they days of going GENAV until you can Redes into another community. Now the Navy is doing involuntary separations. So STUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDYSTUDY.

USS JFK "4 1/2 acres of soveriegn U.S territory"

Stephen J. Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.