• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whiting Xmas leave

FlyingBeagle

pilot
I've asked about this before, but I was hoping you guys had more up to date info. A friend in VT- 6 told me that they were the only squadron that wasn't behind, so they'd be taking the 23rd-3rd off, but the others would only get half that time off. A guy told me the other day that they were getting the same leave period off and I believe he said he was in VT-3. He also mentioned that VT-6 was the fast track, but he seemed pretty sure that he was getting the full period off. I think I'll be there in a month, but I don't yet know which squadron I'll be in. Who knows whats up?

diverkr

pilot
I am in VT-6, and we are not flying at all from Dec 23rd until Jan 3rd. I spoke to my friend who is in VT-3, and they are flying in between those dates, but he said it was optional. I am not sure about VT-2.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
So no one has word on VT-2? I heard from the CO that the Christmas leave period was getting special attention because the entire wing overall is roughly 4 weeks behind where they should be. Just wondering how its going to turn out...wait and see I guess..

Chubby

99% sure that VT-2's leave period is after COB on the 22nd to the 2nd. I only say 99% because it may be ending on the 3rd, I can't remember which one it ends on.

FlyingBeagle

pilot
Now I'm not sure how things work up there, but would this apply to all the classes in those squadrons? What I mean is, will the whole squadron shut down, or will you guys get these dates off and there be a possibility that classes behind you have to stick around to fly?

Chubby

It's just the dates available to take leave. If you want to be moto and stick around and fly I believe that there are some dates in there that they will be flying, but only if you choose not to take leave.