• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Whiting Vs Corpus

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the input. I hope you didn't go through too much trouble for me, calling your mortgage broker for me. The information does really help. The new base housing are town houses and are kind of cramped. Right now looking, were looking at south Flower Bluff and anywhere off the SPID near a nice school.
It wasn’t any trouble at all...the broker in question is my older sister! She was glad to help.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Thanks for the input. I hope you didn't go through too much trouble for me, calling your mortgage broker for me. The information does really help. The new base housing are town houses and are kind of cramped. Right now looking, were looking at south Flower Bluff and anywhere off the SPID near a nice school.
Also depends on your plans after your IP your. If you're considering staying in base housing can be nice because when you get those last minute hard fill orders to Oki you don't have to sell your house. We've discussed the pros/cons of buying a house at duty stations before and I come down squarely in favor of renting. But that's just my opinion. Others see if differently and have different financial goals.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
When I said, "Corpus Vs Whiting" I meant as an instructor, not living there as a student. I'm married with children, so I wont be plowing sorority chicks (All at once anyways). But, is buying a house in Corpus suicide?

For three years, Whiting hands down unless you've got a strong pull to Corpus (family or something similar). Pick where to live (Pace/Milton/PCola/other) based on interests, amenities, price, and drive time. If I had to live there again, I'd live in Pensacola proper instead of boring ass Pace.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
When I said, "Corpus Vs Whiting" I meant as an instructor, not living there as a student. I'm married with children, so I wont be plowing sorority chicks (All at once anyways). But, is buying a house in Corpus suicide?

Buying a house isn’t suicide, or at least hasn’t been for my peers who did it. They all rented or sold theirs at the end of their tour. If you’re getting out long term or want the option, I’d recommend going to Pensacola and live on the east side. Not a terrible commute to NASWF and PNS allows you to commute directly to many airline hubs in the future if you decide to stay in the area but go the airline route.