• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whiting Base Housing

I just selected Helo's and will be reporting to Whiting on the 1st week of May. If you are single, then you have to live in the BOQ or in base housing. I just called and there are available duplexes (base housing) for a roomate situation. Rent is $1100 a month, utilities included (split 2 ways), but you still get full BAH and can pocket the rest. 2 bedroom, 1 bath. If you don't want to live in the Q and want to have the freedom to have overnight friends, family, and girls, then pm me or reply. They come unfurnished but I have a nice couch, loveseat, end tables, coffee table, nice tv, dinning room table and chairs, and dishes, pots, pans, etc. I'm a very clean person. Please pm me asap.

Rg9

pilot
They're forcing you to live in the BOQ or base housing?...

Not that you have a choice, but the base housing is way overpriced for what you get. We looked into it and weren't impressed.

That just doesn't make sense that they would force you to take (in my mind) an overpriced housing situation just so the private venture who manages the property gets business.

----
Sorry, just saw this: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141176

I guess this is my response to the long discussion...

MasterBates

That being said, I'd take base housing over the BOQ at Whiting. At least housing is in town where stuff is open after 1700.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I just selected Helo's and will be reporting to Whiting on the 1st week of May. If you are single, then you have to live in the BOQ or in base housing. I just called and there are available duplexes (base housing) for a roomate situation. Rent is $1100 a month, utilities included (split 2 ways), but you still get full BAH and can pocket the rest. 2 bedroom, 1 bath. If you don't want to live in the Q and want to have the freedom to have overnight friends, family, and girls, then pm me or reply. They come unfurnished but I have a nice couch, loveseat, end tables, coffee table, nice tv, dinning room table and chairs, and dishes, pots, pans, etc. I'm a very clean person. Please pm me asap.

Base housing at Whiting is pretty good, especially if you're only going to lose HALF your BAH. I use my whole BAH on my duplex here (married) and I think it's worth it. The only utility I pay is cable, everything else is included (electric, water). It's a very convenient drive to base AND we have our own liquor store! The only thing is that you'd definitely be a minority living here. I don't know any single people that live in Whiting Pines, if that even matters to you.