• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

White House, Capitol Briefly Evacuated

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
White House, Capitol Briefly Evacuated

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. Capitol and White House were evacuated Wednesday after a small plane entered restricted airspace over the capital. Within minutes people were allowed back into the buildings.

Several other government buildings, including the Treasury Department and the U.S. Supreme Court order people to safer locations.

A small plane breached the security zone over Washington, several law enforcement officials said, prompting alerts across the city.

The plane was approached by a fighter aircraft and veered away.

-----
http://ap.washingtontimes.com/dynamic/stories/C/CAPITAL?SITE=DCTMS&SECTION=HOME
-----

Sounds like someone got a serious wakeup call while out for a ride in their Cessna...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hope it was not an IFS hop....

dufault.2

Schnuggapup said:
I hope it was not an IFS hop....

I'd put good money down that says it was. Sending studs on a solo 'cross country' with 20 hours under their belts (c'mon vmc...) is a form of natural selection.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
ADIZ violations happen a lot more then the media reports... It only seems like the it becomes a big deal when people keep flying towards DC and enter the inner circle.

As for the IFS comment,
Happened to one of the Marine IFS students on his final flight of the program out of Quantico earlier this year. If im not mistaken, he still reported to Pensacola...

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
This does happen all the time. My unit sends down F-15 pilots to Homestead to stand alert over the ADIZ and they get scrambled constantly to intercept highly dangerous C-172's and other similar aircraft. Usually when this happens it is civilian pilots that don't know the procedures for entering the ADIZ or other special airspace.

gagirl

There is just something about seeing those jets scramble that gives you a sense of security.
I don't know much about the flying thing, but they scramble so fast it's amazing.
When 9/11 happened and then seeing the jets fly over I knew we'd all be ok.
I love jet noise!
Thanks guys!

KBayDog

Maybe they looked at their charts and thought that the Mickey Mouse-shape of the DC ADIZ meant they were near the Tragic Kingdom?

Status
Not open for further replies.