• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whidbey Real Estate

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has anyone had a recent experience buying or building in the Whidbey area?

Prices here haven't had as big a swing as in many other areas, but it's definitely a buyer's market, with lots of homes for sale. There's also a fair amount of new construction options and/or land if you're into that angle. Let me know if you have specific questions. Basic rule of thumb: Oak harbor buys you more house for your dollar, but the town doesn't have much going on in terms of good restaurants/bars/attractions - more family oriented. Anacortes (about 30 minute drive) is a little more expensive, but is a great town with all of the aforementioned (plus you're 30 minutes closer to Seattle/Vancouver). Lots of plusses and minuses for each option. let me know if you have specific questions - glad to help. Been a homeowner/landlord here since 2000.

Brett

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
I just bought a house in Anacortes. My buddies recently bought and built in Oak Harbor, so I might be a little help for that area as well.