• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whidbey News-Times reporter has the best lede EVER

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
She wrote an article for the Navy Prowler sunset this weekend, and pulled off an absolute gem. Either the editor was napping, or has a good sense of humor.

Debra Vaughn of the Whidbey News-Times said:
A refueling probe on its nose and two bulging canopies over the cockpit give the jet the look of an overgrown metallic insect. But the Prowler’s ability to deliver a potent crotch kick to the enemy’s air defense systems made it an indispensable asset to the military for more than four decades.
Well played, my lady. Well played. Semper Grumman . . .

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
haha awesome, and a pretty good writeup on top of the awesomeness in the opener. I'm sure the last few months for -134 have been the stuff (aviation) books were written about, with names replaced to protect the innocent.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Nice to see a reporter take the time to research and produce a nice piece.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
yeah, I'd even bet my next paycheck that most guys coming out of the VT's (comparative experts) don't even know there was an EA-6A. So good on her.