• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which Watch Deux!

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Good choices...the B-42 Cosmonauts GMT Fortis is really a great watch, especially for the price point...rugged and easy to read, you can wear it in the cockpit and not worry about it. And I like the Airman line of Glycine (especially the Airman 9 chrono which they discontinued...a GMT chrono is hard to find). Bell & Ross doesn't do much for me, except their Vintage line...the 126 is sweet as I like two register chronos quite a bit. I don't like the Instrument line that much, but the divers they introduced last year as part of that line are OK. I'm also a huge fan of Sinn...they make some fantastic aviation watches that are very easy to read.
Here is a chronograph with a UTC/GMT hand and a dial designed like a cockpit clock (which Sinn has made in the past); definitely on my short list to get:

They made watches before Bell & Ross; in fact they made watches that were later re-badged as Bell & Ross watches.

I have a few Citizens to include one of the Skyhawks. Almost impossible to read the little subdials in low light.

I didn't realize that Sinn OEM'd watches for B&R. I don't like the hugeness of the B&Rs myself, but like you enjoy their vintage line.

I'm currently looking into the Seiko "5" line...

20080306_snx427.JPG

They can be had under $100'ish and the calibre seems interesting for the price. Like to see how they keep time. I hate my Fortis, have to time hack each day before the first hop because I lose about 2 minutes a day. Yeah, mechanical is nice, but unless you're looking at getting it chronometer certified at $200+ a pop, you're better off saving money and going quartz for something less expensive. Don't regret the purchase, it's just not practical to for me day to day flying. There's a price paid for being a moss back (guys that hold on to old ideals; Norton motorcycles, BSA's, my unreliable Ducati, watches that lose 2 minutes a day, etc)... last thing I want to mess with is a mechanical watch that I had to monitor everyday.

I think the Seiko's are somewhere between 37mm to 40mm in size. Need to see them in real life first. At those prices, I can get a couple.

MasterBates

There's a price pad for being a moss back (guys that hold on to old ideals; Norton motorcycles, BSA's, etc)...

Don't forget Triumph!

triumph9.gif

Although, I made it a habit to NEVER shut my Norton off at the bottom of a hill, unless it was my house. Lucas is truly the prince of darkness! First vehicle I had with intelligent electronics. If it was day, the magneto would crap out, so you could be seen pushing it.

If it was night, the generator would die, so it ran but you could not see where the hell you were going.

/threadjack