• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which spray

karisegraves

hello,

Anyone have CRS (sinus condition) or anything like that? I'm taking Nasonex nose spray right now and don't want to take it with me if it NPQ's me - but its a topical spray, so I think its kosher.

Any help with this?

Flugelman

Contributor
My wife has chronic sinus problems and was advised by a doctor to use this product. It's over-the-counter, inexpensive, and gives her relief in all but the worst sinus infections.

ag74683

I used Asprin I believe when I was too congested to do anything during my scuba class here. It worked well, but apparently your not supposed to use nasal spray when scuba diving, guess it can cause reverse block.

Its cheap, OTC stuff.

tbiscuit360

Saline does not cause rebound congestion, so it is safe to continually use and is always recommended by doctors for those who experience sinus problems. Just go to your local drug store and buy some generic spray. It costs very little.

torpedo0126

hello,

Anyone have CRS (sinus condition) or anything like that? I'm taking Nasonex nose spray right now and don't want to take it with me if it NPQ's me - but its a topical spray, so I think its kosher.

Any help with this?

I was med down for a few days (DNIF here with the Air Force) with congestion. They prescribed me that exact product. I like it better than a neti pot because you can put more positive pressure than the pot.

It works differently for different people. Some people the saline solution causes that stuff to drain right out. For me, repeated use helps drainage over a little time (much faster than it by itself).

These things also work well to keep your passages clean and prevent future sinus infections.

Be careful on your mixture of salt and water as well. Some people will add A LOT more salt than necessary because it feels like its working (strong tingling/burning), however, it can cause headaches.