• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which school?

chrisco133

all right ive got all my stuff turned in for the scholarship--now im just waiting. My top 3 choices for the scholarship were 1. Villanova, 2. Purdue, 3. Pitt. However, i sort of made that list in a rush as i was trying get all my stuff in. i visited Villanova and Pitt and met with officers from each NROTC unit and was impressed by both. Now i just want to make sure ive made good decisions. so does anyone go to these schools or know anything about their NROTC programs? (Regardless of whether i get the scholarship i still plan to do NROTC) im also looking into u. of michigan, penn state, and OSU.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
You can guess which school I would tell you to look at.

Questions about PSU? Use the PM.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Couple of things to consider: Do you want the college-town atmosphere, or do you want to be in/near a city.

Also, good on ya for visiting Villanova and Pitt, I'd suggest making as many trips to those schools as possible. For instance, every friggin' college guide will rate Michigan as one of the best public schools on the planet, but ultimately it's how you feel as you walk across campus and if you can imagine spending 4 of the best years of your life there.

Put less emphasis on academics, and more on how comfortable you'll be at that school.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
...but ultimately it's how you feel as you walk across campus and if you can imagine spending 4 of the best years of your life there...quote]

Four years, hell! Go with the 7 year plan, get the most out of your youth! Fail classes, drink lots, and play video games when you're supposed to be in class.

(Actually, don't do that, you don't want an age waiver for flight...Also, keep your GPA up. Get in shape if you aren't already. Etc.)

h2o polo

I am at the ROTC unit with Pitt, Duquesne and CMU and a lot of my good friends go to Pitt. What kind of questions about the unit/school/city do you have?

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
I just graduated from Purdue in May. Its a great school and has a good ROTC unit. If you have questions about the school or its ROTC unit send me a PM.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
I commissioned out of Pitt ROTC in May '05. Any questions about that, you can also drop me a PM.

navyboy4415

I go to the University of Pittsburgh now (graduating in 2009) and if I were in your shoes again to choose schools I would choose whatever school is closer to home. If you live close to Pittsburgh, go to University of Pittsburgh because it is THAT much easier to go home, move, visit friends, family etc. If you live close to Philadelphia go to Villanova. They are both great schools and it really comes down to location and the campus atmosphere so choose wisely because the next 4 years of your life will be there!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I go to the University of Pittsburgh now (graduating in 2009) and if I were in your shoes again to choose schools I would choose whatever school is closer to home.

...or you could get out and see a different part of the country. Different strokes for different folks.

I grew up in a suburb of Albany, NY and went to Penn State. It suited me as I didn't go home except for breaks, and I didn't run into any people I recognized from High School but didn't hang out with.

tlord82

pilot
For some reason, Villanova has an extremely high concentration of hot women.

I'll have to agree with wrk...i'm from just a couple miles from the villanova campus. the girls i saw walking around were generally gorgeous. had some buddies who were ROTC there. they loved the unit and they loved the partying both on campus and out in town. philly is nearby which is another great place to hit the bars. I'm obviously biased, but the area around villanova is a great place. just my two cents.