• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which platforms see the most combat in today's world?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Based on the state of our Aviation Defense Industrial Complex, I'm pretty sure we'll run out of Rhinos and Growlers before we need to consider recalling people to active duty.

I guess we could bring nittany back to hop in the Old Girl one more time, but we'll probably be out of working pods at that point too...

Man some of you all are really pessimistic. I mean, Chuck says we are ready to go. In fact he is wondering why we haven't gone already ?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
In related news, USNI is stating the Navy Reserves missed officer recruitment this year by 28%.

That seems to check out. There are a lot of people leaving and just cutting ties altogether, and have been for years now. I guess strong economy or strong airline hiring (for the 1310's)? I tell everyone I can that it's a pretty good safety net in case stuff goes south like it did for a little while when I got out and then covid happened a few months later. Or you know, if another recession, or another 9/11 were to happen. Never know how much you might wish you had, until you wish you had. And if you are a typical aviator, and will retire as an O-5 with a comparatively large amount of points (as compared to the reserve babies), the pension isn't a livable retirement, but it isn't throw away money either. But I get it. I almost made the same decision.