• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where to stay in Washington, DC

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Hey guys, I am going up to DC this coming weekend, and need to know where to stay. I was planning on hitting the BOQ at either Bolling or Andrews, but if anyone has any other recommendations, please chime in!

usmc96

Buck up and stay somewhere near Adams Morgan. I think anybody at TBS or went to TBS can attest that sleeping in your car downtown is better than having to go back to a base near DC.

T

TXHusker05

Why are you going to D.C.? That is the main thing you need to consider when you are staying there, if you are going to be spending a lot of time in D.C. near the Capitol area or the Mall, staying on base might make it a hassle to go to and from.

If it is just for the weekend, I'd recommend just staying in a hotel near a Metro station so you have access to anywhere in the area (especially useful if you don't have a vehicle). I like to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn which is right next to the McPherson St. Metro station.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Definately anything in Roslyn... quick cab/stumble to Georgetown and back. Rooms might be a little pricey- If your BDCP and have a mil id, you can always see if the govt/mil rate is cheaper and use that... DC can be a dangerous place at night... especially if you don't know where your going. Anacostia/Bolling is a real ****ty area, I personally wouldn't stay there... Also, if using metro stay away from the Green line, unless of course you have to take it to get to where your going.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
The Crystal City Marriot is nice. Not too expensive, either. They actually dropped me and some of my buddies off at OCS in their limo after our day off. We figured it would be a station wagon or van, but no sh!t, it was a limo.

T

TXHusker05

Hahahahahahaha, USMC I just saw your avatar. Oh man, classic.

I will also second, errrr... third the Crystal City Marriott. I've stayed there a few times and it was great, but like I said, I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn now because it is close enough to the things I do in D.C. Or if you have enough BDCP money that you don't know what to do with, the Mandarin Oriental hotel is great. Close to a metro station which is good because it ain't that close to anything else.

There is also an old hotel that was refurbished near Georgetown, I forget the name but it is nice (and expensive).

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
All great suggestions, but depends on where you want to go while there. I recommend anything close to a Metro stop so you don't have to drive and park (assuming you're trying to get somewhere near a Metro). I also like the Embassy Suites in Crystal City (free breakfast and free happy hour with frozen marguaritas). Make sure you ask for a military rate....DC books up quickly so get on it...you can pay govt rate (usually $180) or easily have to pay $250 up. I'm partial to Marriott properties as you can call their 1 800 number and they can find you a place with a govt rate (Marriott, Courtyard, Fairfield, Residence Inn...they've got a lot in DC area).