• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where to find an officer to interview me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsquare

I'm in Richmond, VA. I want to find an officer to interview me...I really have no idea how to go about this.
Schools I listed on my app are Cryptology, Intel and Supply...in that order.

Any suggestions?

WFU2USN

unsquare,

You have several options. You can contact the Navy-Marine Corps Reserve Center there in Richmond. There should be officers you can contact through your Officer Recruiter - most recruiters usually have a few officers that they use for this.

Old Dominion Univ. has an NROTC unit and they would likely be willing to meet with you.

Norfolk isn't too far away (I know, about 150-200 miles) when you consider you REALLY need your interviews. Then again, DC isn't that far away and up there you have the Office of Naval Intel., the Washington Navy Yard, etc.

In preparation for your interviews, gather your resume, transcript, PRT scores, etc. If you can, send them to your interviewer in advance so that they can get an idea of who you are and WHY they should recommend you for OCS.

Well, I hope that helps.

Good luck!
bouncy_125.gif

:)Robin

SG

My wife was recruited out of the Richmond NRD and at the time her recruiter did the interview. LCDR Weggen. She had recommendation letters from a couple 04's, an O5, & O6 so I don't know if that influenced who her interview was with. She was selected for BDCP with a Crypto slot in 4/2001. There has to be an officer in the Richmond NRD office that can do the interview. If I recall, the interview, PRT, MEPS, etc... was all done on the same trip up to Richmond.

rhollin1

You know, actually I don't think you have to do the officer interview anymore. You might want to contact your recruiter about this. I read somewhere that this was part of the process and asked my recruiter, he said that it isn't required anymore.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

http://www.geocities.com/ronhollin/

Status
Not open for further replies.