• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where are all the future NFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cman

There sure doesn't seem to be a lot of activity on the NFO portion of the board. I don't know if that means the competition is going to be pretty slim when my app. goes in or what.

Has anyone heard from a recruiter about if the navy met its needs for NFOs for the FY that's about to end? The last I heard was that there were something like 70 slots still open, but that was about a month ago.

Chris

kent1644

cman,
I noticed the same thing, Either no one on this forum wants to be a NFO or its just not a fun subject to talk about. From what my recruiter told me, there must be plenty of competition, because they want a FOFAR of 7. I hope that is not the case because if I don't get a pilot slot I would really love to be a NFO, and I only scored a 5 on that section of the ASTB.

cman

Kent, 5 for me on the FOFAR as well, but I do have a 53 OAR so maybe that will help me out. It's been almost 30 days since I first tested and I've been thinking about retesting but I'm not sure. I had test 2 the first time and I've heard that it's the easier of the two.

What about yourself?

Chris

kent1644

Chris,
Our stats are identical because I also have a 53, as for the first test, I definitely thought it was harder, I only scored a 45 on it.

Edited by - kent1644 on 09/11/2002 02:16:04

sonnyb

hey guys...NFO wannabe here too. I talked to my recruiter monday. He said that the Navy has only 75 aviation slots open for the next fiscal year. That really startled me. However, he did say the Navy would probably select more than 75. Regarding the ASTB, he did say that the board would prefer a 6 or 7 on the FOFAR. Yeah, I'm getting nervous now. My recruiter is sending up the package today. keeping my fingers crossed. good luck to you guys

Jack

Lack of FO participation may be directly attributed to the many hours being spent in private with a whiz wheel. let the backlash to that comment begin!

cman

Hey buddy, they had a monkey piloting the first space shot , but anyhow, someone in the cockpit needs to have the brains .

And to think I was going to make prowlers my first choice after I aced API.

At any rate, I'm glad to see I was able to generate some action on the NFO board. It was getting old logging into the forum and not seeing any new posts here.

Well, my whiz wheel is calling me...
Chris

By the way... Jack, why not see if you can pull some strings and take me up for a ride in a Prowler sometime.

cman

I posted this question in another forum, but I'll post it here as well.

I've noticed that alot of people have a big difference between their PBI and FOBI scores. Case in point, one guy on the forum has a PBI 7 and FOBI 3. Anyone know why there is such a difference? Is the Navy looking for a different personality in its NFOs.

Post your answers or theories...

C

Jack

Why on earth would you want go for a ride with me, I'm not the one with any brains right? Good luck acing API, that and a quarter will get you a cup of coffee at Primary

cman

Hey man, I can't tell if your still joking or if your really pissed. I was just playing along with the friendly back and forth.

I'm still interested if anyone knows what the deal with PBI and FOBI scores is.

Chris

cman

DaVinci

Yeah, I'm excited about NFO as well, but my package has yet to make its way to TN. I'm holding on letters of recomendation and a medical waiver. My chances for the waiver look good at this point. I just had my follow up with the doc two days ago and he said everything was fine, so now it's up to the doc down in TN to agree. Hopefully I'll be getting an acceptance letter some time after the first of OCT.

You're right about the prospects for NFOs. All those new F/A-18s are going to need somebody in that back seat. From what I've read about the Prowlers, they seem like pretty good platfroms for NFOs as well.

Chris

Jack

quote:
consider myselft a Naval Aviator just as the Pilot would.....
-- Todd Foreman Charlotte, NC

Let's not blur that line ... I worked very hard to earn title Naval Aviator. You will work to earn the title of Naval Flight Officer.

Edited by - Jack on 09/14/2002 19:25:57

Edited by - Jack on 09/14/2002 21:00:41

sonnyb

DaVinci

Hey man, I'm 23 too and I'm seeking a NFO slot. Just wondering, when did you send in your application? Do you mind posting your scores? If i get accepted, I'm probably looking at an Oct 03 OCS date. So that'll give me plenty of time to complete my masters

thanks

cuculeis

hey fellas i just got accepted a week ago and i only waited for 4 days for a response. my OCS class date is 25 of Oct 2002. anyone else here going around that time? let me know...

Status
Not open for further replies.