• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When will I start getting ENS pay?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
So the consensus is not until June if not later unless we're lucky. While we are on the money subject, chances are I'm gonna get stashed at my home unit and have to babysit for cortramid east for a little while. Do we get paid BAH based on where we are stashed or will we get P-cola BAH since that's where we will end up at?

Where you are stashed. Each time you check into a new command on orders, you will need to check into THEIR parent PSD and give them a lease copy or some sort of documentation to start up your BAH for that area. So you will stay at your unit BAH for now

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Really all you need is a stamp from your ROTC unit or whatever saying government quarters aren't available. I didn't have to provide a lease or anything, which was good because when I was stashed I had this sketchy under the table sublet going on.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
I think this is one of those "your mileage may vary" situations. I went to the same school as MIDNJAC and commissioned 2 years ahead of him. Our usual commission dates were June 15-ish. I think my class actually commisisoned on the 12th and I got my first pay-check three days later. Never missed a pay period or had any trouble with PSD.

That said, I was one of the extreemly fortunate. I had guys I checked into P-Cola with that took two months to get paid. Be prepared to miss a pay-period, or three. The USAA starter loan is a great way to have some added cushion if you're savings account looks like that of a recent college graduate and brand new ensign.

There's nothing that says you can't go talk to PSD as soon as you check in to your first command if they've managed to not pay you.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
This is definitely looking like a "mileage might vary" type situation. Thats great that some of you were getting paid right away. I never visited a PSD until I went down to Pcola for API, never even knew what it was. Anyone else have any experience with TRICARE not kicking in right away? I found this out that hard way a few days after I commissioned, but a week before my DOR. I called TRICARE to get a local doc etc and was told that my benefits didn't start until my DOR!