• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When to take ASTB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
It looks like the Officer recruiters are on leave right now in San Diego because noone has picked up for the last 2 days so i will ask you guys. When should I take the ASTB? I graduate in exactly a year from now. I dont know much about the application process so Im sorry if my question sounds dumb, but I am reading through all of the forums here so that should help with my education. I am just hoping that I havent started too late. Other info about me, I pretty much have my letters of rec. all set, I can get one from an O-6(USA) and another O-6(USAF). Also I have the arco and cliffs study guides and have been going through them I just was wondering when I should be prepared to take it.

litreofcola

I would take it as soon as possible so you would have time to take it again if you are not happy with your scores.

When I took mine a few years ago you were eligible to take the re-test six weeks after the first test, after that however, you had to wait six months to take it again. This was because there were only two versions of the test at the time. I do not know if that is still the case.
That being said, take enough time to familiarize yourself with the material so that you can do your best, it will be one less thing to worry about

Good Luck

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
ASAP... for the same reasons above. With the competition to get a slot a lot more competive than the past, you want to have time to retake it if the scores are not that great.

On a better note, if your scores are good the first time around, it is just that much sooner that your competitive package will eb submitted.

my .02 good luck

RevnR6

Cool, Ill take it as soon as I can. Unfortunatly the nearest Officer recruiters office is in San Diego and I am in Las Vegas. Do you think they will have a place for me to take it here? I just took the practice test in the arco book and I missed 7 on test one, 11 on test 2, 0 on Spacial Apperception and 5 on test 5. I guess I need to study the mechanical stuff.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
just give the San Diego officer recruiter a call and ask him what your testing location options are. Are you sure that LV does not have a Navy officer recruiter? Have you tried calling the enlisted recruiter there and asking them for the nearest O recruiter?

RevnR6

Well I requested the info from navy.mil and they gave me San Diego Fleet ASW as my nearest location. I call SD monday and see whats up. A little off topic but I went to NAS North Island one time and flew the S-3 simulator. I tried two carrier landings and died both times, they didn't tell me those damn turbo fans take forever to spool up, so I kept going full power when I touched the deck and boltered instead of just before touchdown. :D

RevnR6

Well I got ahold of someone in San Diego today and all he did was take down some basic information and told me I will have to take a test and then that was all. He didnt tell me anything about the process or anything. I am hoping someone calls me back. Is the Officer recruiter usually an officer or enlisted?

Status
Not open for further replies.