• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When to Run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airborne

Hi,

I was wondering when the most beneficial time to run would be? what part of the day, do meals or morning/afternoon take any affect in what it does on your body (not really when you would best perform) but what would give u the best results.

Thanks.

NavyOCS

I do know that runnig in the morning burns more calories. Also running when its cooler burns more calories as your body uses them to stay warm. Personally I like to run in the morning before breakfast or in the evening before dinner. What kind of results are you looking for? As far as anything other than calories used I dont know if it matters when you run.

FSUMIDN

P-3 TACCO
Run whenever it feels best to you. If you run when it feels best, then you will run more often, longer, and with better results and attitude.

Patrick Daly

Good advice from FSU. I usually run at 3 or 4 o'clock everyday. My muscles are too tight and tired to run in the morning, so I get in a much better workout in the afternoon before it gets dark. But I would just figure out whatever works best for you and make it routine.

personally I like to get workouts done in the morning so that I'm not sitting around thinking about how I have to do it all day. Plus then I don't have to take an extra shower and I don't have to worry about waiting enough time after I have eaten to run. I don't think it matters though, whatever you prefer

usanavypilot

I remember reading somewhere that if you run in the morning you raise your metabolism a little more than if you do it later in the day. But running at all is good, so whenever you feel like running, run and run hard!
icon_smile_shy.gif

Wolfpack

Not to get too detailed but I am a certified personal trainer and got into running a little over a year ago (Completed Marine Corps Marathon), although I have always been a fitness guy.

Running in the morning before you eat is the best time to run if you are trying to lose weight and prepare yourself for a race/training that is in the morning. If you start getting up above 10 miles or so, you will have to eat or you will "bonk"/hit the wall. If you run late in the afternoon, try not to eat 2 hours prior to running. If you get up to 15 - 20 miles on a long run, you may have to do number 2 before it is over...trust me. It is a common/weird phenomena with long distance runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.