• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When to get PRK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squatrrs

Do you get your PRK done before you finish your application and put a waiver in with it, or wait until after the application has been sent and you don't get accepted, and at that point get the surgery and ask for a waiver? Also, is it the same process for a PRK waiver if your applying for OCS through the BDCP? My eyes are right on the border right now 20/40, so in 6 months they could be worse, what should someone in my position do?

Thanks,
Josh

Jeff29

Science Project
If you are borderline 20/40, you don't need the surgery. Just get your physical when you are on a break from school (i.e. you aren't reading a lot). Don't spend too much time in front of the computer for a few days, drink lots of water, and get lots of sleep.

Of course, I don't know what happens if you get into the BDCP and then your eyes change. I assume that you could then get the surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.