• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When to Expect an Answer?

Miss Elizabeth

Putting the GRR! in Girl
(Forgive me if this is a totally silly or ignorant question) :

I submitted my application for BDCP over the summer. A pretty strong application, I'd like to think - 3.8 GPA, lots of letters of recommendation (including one from a Naval Captain), slightly above-avg ASTB scores, clean record, physically fit, etc... and every month since then, something has come up involving minor adjustments to my application (they had to re-take some measurements, have me sign or initial something they didn't notice before, or correct a phone number, etc - always something!). My recruiter has had my application since July, so I started to wonder if it would ever really get sent in, or if these little things were going to keep coming up until I'm no longer eligible for BDCP (I graduate in May). So I called and asked, "Did it go in this month?" and they told me "Oh, we sent in your application back in August."

If my application was submitted in August, is it normal to have to wait this long to hear anything back? Is this a typical experience, or should I worry? I imagined the process being much quicker :confused:

Thanks, in advance, for your commments!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
August, September, October...it's been 3 months. Yeah, I'd say that's normal, the waiting is the hardest part.

Miss Elizabeth

Putting the GRR! in Girl
Good to know! Waiting is even harder when everyone (parents, family, prof's, people who wrote letters of recommendation for me) keeps asking about it, and all I can tell them is - I'm still waiting! Thanks for putting my mind at ease though :)

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Good to know! Waiting is even harder when everyone (parents, family, prof's, people who wrote letters of recommendation for me) keeps asking about it

Oh man...I know exactly what you're talking about.

It almost makes you want to snap and say "STOP RIDING ME!" :)

BackOrdered

Contributor
My family/friends began to doubt I even could get accepted (8 months total from start to swear in). The waiting and second guessing was brutal.

Miss Elizabeth

Putting the GRR! in Girl
My family/friends began to doubt I even could get accepted (8 months total from start to swear in). The waiting and second guessing was brutal.

At least now I can start telling them "HEY - there are people who have had to wait 8 months ... it's only been 3... now STOP RIDING ME!" :p lmao, maybe except for that last part, though it does add a little flavor.

It also doesn't help that I'm soooo close to graduating (May '07) so everyone wants to know what I'm doing with my life once I'm not a college kid any more... Sometimes I just say "I'm going into the Navy, hopefully" and that shuts them up. Some say that's great, and others want to argue me out of it "before it's too late." Ugh!

I also worry that since I'm graduating in like 7 months... that the longer I have to wait, the less eligible I am for BDCP :(

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
I submitted my application in July and didn't get a yes or no until the end of September for BDCP.