• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When to contact recruiter again?

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
A bit of background so that any new readers don't have to post-stalk me.
-I applied to the CEC DCO board.
-I was told that results would be available by 30 April.
-On 30 April I was told by my OR that results had not been released and that the OR was unsure whether the board had even met.
-On 7 May I contacted my accessions officer and was told that while yes, the board had met there were no results released and no date set for the release of results.
-On/around 7 May NavyOffRec provided helpful insight into what might be happening (no quota for the community at this time.)

It has now been 3 weeks since I have contacted either my OR or the accessions officer. I do not want to antagonize either individual as the last emails seemed to indicate a great degree of annoyance with my 'constant' desire for updates. (FYI, I never email/call more than 1x per week). Is it too soon to email the OR and accessions officer for a brief update? At this point I am starting to get worried that my OR will be PCSing soon and since I no longer live in that NRD, I would not have the luxury of meeting face to face with a new OR. So, do I contact or keep waiting? If I keep waiting, how much longer do I wait? 1 week? 2? A month? What does the collective wisdom of this group think?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It sounds like you already know this, and you have a good plan to keep following up. Moving on from the Navy in to the open job market, networking, and striking that balance of not being a pest and advocating your case/follow ups can definitely be a frustrating experience. Upbeat and courteous on the phone seems to always work wonders, and hopefully bringing the individual onto your side to get answers. Wish you the best of luck in hopefully finding out the results, or the way ahead.

John

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Thank you! I have sent off an email, edited and reviewed by several people. Hopefully it strikes that right balance between my earnest desire to keep in touch and on top of my application while not bothering them. Based upon their response to my calls/emails in the past though, I have a feeling they will be annoyed no matter what I do! lol Something tells me that a CEC DCO applicant isn't nearly as valuable to a recruiter as an AD SNA/SNFO/SWO recruit...

Renegade One

None
I do not want to antagonize either individual as the last emails seemed to indicate a great degree of annoyance with my 'constant' desire for updates.
Others have said it…lemme "fifth it". It's…like…their JOB to keep you updated. No worries.
Recruiter responded. No results have been released yet. dang it.
Sorry about the "no results released" thing. Frustrating, I know. Stick to your above articulated "plan of attack" at the minimum. Best of luck.
...Based upon their response to my calls/emails in the past though, I have a feeling they will be annoyed no matter what I do! lol Something tells me that a CEC DCO applicant isn't nearly as valuable to a recruiter as an AD SNA/SNFO/SWO recruit...
If your ORs or whoever are "getting annoyed" by the fact that a highly-qualified and passionate applicant is "playing nice in the playground" and seeking to be kept imforned as to progress, well, they should have their meds checked.

As you your last part, well, I think that Rear Admiral Mark Handley, CEC, USN, Commander, Naval Construction Forces Command would disagree….he's still anxious to get "A Few Good Men and Women".

Hang in there...:)

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
[...]
As you your last part, well, I think that Rear Admiral Mark Handley, CEC, USN, Commander, Naval Construction Forces Command would disagree….he's still anxious to get "A Few Good Men and Women".

Hang in there...:)

Thanks! Hanging in there is certainly the game plan. :D

exNavyOffRec

Thank you! I have sent off an email, edited and reviewed by several people. Hopefully it strikes that right balance between my earnest desire to keep in touch and on top of my application while not bothering them. Based upon their response to my calls/emails in the past though, I have a feeling they will be annoyed no matter what I do! lol Something tells me that a CEC DCO applicant isn't nearly as valuable to a recruiter as an AD SNA/SNFO/SWO recruit...

A goal is a goal for the NRD, missing CEC DCO is no different than missing AD anything, it is still a black mark, of course it is a small black mark compared to missing enlisted AD goal.