• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When Does Swimming Come Into Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuggerat

I don't really have access to a pool that is sufficient for doing laps, with that said, when does swimming PRT's come into play before, during or after OCS? If it is during OCS will give us enought time to prepare? How did everyone prepare for the tests?

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
I think it happens while you are in the water. Although I know a guy who looks like he is swimming on land (while running). It's fairly awkward and would advise against it.

Kobyra

P.S. I am in a very sarcastic mood today. I really have no idea about when things happen at OCS.

jeric_k

The swim screening is in your second week.

If you are an aviator hopeful, I would strongly advise you to swim as much as possible beforehand, and become very comfortable in the water.

If you really like to swim, one of my friends used to go swim at the Univ. of West Florida on liberty.

JKD

To follow up on Kobyra's mood and comment -

Q - When Does Swimming Come Into Play?

A - When you get blown off the flight deck (while walking to your plane), because you weren't paying attention to everything going on around you.

(just what came to mind when I saw the topic's title)

Status
Not open for further replies.