• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When does Physical Readiness Test (PRT) get administered?

jav2j

Hey all!

Thanks for the great info so far. This site has been very helpful.

I have a few basic questions, but I can't seem to find them on any of the other posts. Forgive me if they are there.

So...

1) I've read elsewhere that a DCO candidate must be able to pass with a Good (low) score on the Navy PRT. If this is true, at what point in the DCO application process do they test you, if at all? I want to adjust my resistance training accordingly.

2) At what point do they administer the ASTB?

3) If you are rejected at one DCO board, may you resubmit for the next or are you done for good?

dephyler

Contributor
1) I've read elsewhere that a DCO candidate must be able to pass with a Good (low) score on the Navy PRT. If this is true, at what point in the DCO application process do they test you, if at all? I want to adjust my resistance training accordingly.
I never did a PRT. Because of that, I'm under the impression that some recruiters use it as a first level filter. Guys on here talk about the high traffic rate in the DC area, so down there, this might apply.

2) At what point do they administer the ASTB?
I did right at the beginning of the process. Before anything else, I took the ASTB.

3) If you are rejected at one DCO board, may you resubmit for the next or are you done for good?
Yes. I know a couple of people that did and were selected the second time around because they improved their package.

dephyler

Contributor
1.) I didn't have to do a PRT for the DCO application process, but you do have to take a PRT - two, in fact - at DCOIC, if selected.

HA, that's new. We only did one when I went last Nov. I swear, every new class does it totally differently.

dephyler

Contributor
Why wouldn't it be official?

It is true. It's unofficial because there's something about having to be attached to a command for a minimum amount of time for it to count. Something along those lines. I don't know the policy off hand, but they do tell you that at DCO School.