• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When do OCS grads start receiving 01 pay?

100water1

When do OCS grads start receiving 01 pay? When they first check in?
Or not until their ultimate activity stop? I have a few intermediate activities between my check in and ultimate activity stop.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
When do OCS grads start receiving 01 pay? When they first check in?
Or not until their ultimate activity stop? I have a few intermediate activities between my check in and ultimate activity stop.

You start receiving O-1 pay the day you graduate / commission at OCS.

When you’ll actually receive it… it’s not unpopular to take 1-2 pay cycles to be paid. However, if that is the case expect a ton of back pay.

If you are traveling, you can request advance travel and receive those entitlements sooner.

When in doubt… ask your admin.

flgator92

None
If you are traveling, you can request advance travel and receive those entitlements sooner.
Everything FormerRecruitingGuru said is spot on (and he's a much better resource than me). However, anecdotal perspective: When I graduated OCS, good luck getting a travel advance or any sort of entitlement. (Just like when you get down to Pensacola for API at NASC, good look getting house hunting leave, but that's neither here nor there for you at this point.) Attached to OTCN (Navy OCS's parent command), you'll be earning E-5 pay <2 years of service (important: NO, this does not make you a PO2, it's just for admin purposes you're assigned that grade for pay purposes); if you're single, you will also not receive BAH or BAS because you're living in government quarters and dining in government messing at no cost to you. Not to worry - again, if you're single- you won't really be spending any money while at OCS (with the exception of the uniform bill at the end). So, you should have a decent bit more in your bank account when you get out of there. At least I did, but like I said, depending on your circumstances YMMV.