• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When did the Helo Committment change from 6 to 8 years?

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This made me curious, so I looked up my contract from January 1998. My winging commitment was 8 years for Jets, 7 years for props/helos. I guess since I've been both jets & props now, my commitment won't be up until next year?! See attached contract page.

Attachments

• Navy Contract extract.pdf
    42.3 KB · Views: 20

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
I was USNA 2002, some NROTC spring 2002 grads I went through flight school with still had a 7 yr comittment (couldn't tell you now which schools). BDCP folks signed contracts years before they commissioned, so you still had some of them with 7 year comittments coming through TRACOM in 2004 (at least).

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had 8 years regardless of platform and I was the first OCS class of FY02. I also was BDCP as of August, 2000. It seems that there are some inconsistencies during that timeframe.

For clarity, I redesignated from SNFO to SNA in July '01. That's probably the more accurate date for my contract.