• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

when can you wear a watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gin_e

when you are tested for the In and Out PRT do they allow you to wear a watch to track your pace? or are watches only allowed after you are secured? if your watch isn't loud enough to wake you up can you use an alarm clock?

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
You get your watch when you have the Section Leader duty, candidate officer phase, and if your DI gives you special permission such as for the class president. As for the PFA, just run hard and trust in your training.

jaerose

Why won't they let you have a watch at all times? Wouldn't that promote punctuality (like they need help)?

JR

howlermonkey

they don't let you have a watch because the point is that they want you to do what they want when they want it. It's pretty much a "when I want your opinion I'll give it to you.'" When you get there you get accustomed to not being in charge of your own life or anything about it. You have to relinquish that control and it is all part of the training. They could put you in a classroom and tell you to stay there and not tell you why and then come get you at chow time. That's just the way it is.

dwdelk

So what about the alarm clock thing? Can one be in possession or pretty much the same rules apply as with the watch?

jwilliamsee

Yes you need an alarm clock or a watch but you cannot wear it everyday. I think they do it to give the section leader the responsibility of getting the class where it needs to be on time. I teaches you to be a leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.