• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's the status of IA Mobilizations in 2014?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I recognize, as aviators, you guys may have a slightly different practice for reserve units dedicated to aviators. My unit represents CNE CNA 6th fleet, which is a mashup of all types of designators and the CO has typically been a 13XX type and there a bunch of 13XX in my unit. If he used an internal list, it wasn't visible to me. From what I could tell, it was done strictly by the RMP list, with callups handled by the NOSC.

My comment was directed towards the post-RMP era. I completely get what you're saying during the RMP era. There was no need for an internal list because there was already an external one (as you mentioned).

subreservist

My comment was directed towards the post-RMP era. I completely get what you're saying during the RMP era. There was no need for an internal list because there was already an external one (as you mentioned).

I guess I'm trying to figure the connection, because from what I see now, all the mobilizations are posted for all in order to solicit volunteers...

So you think/know that if there are no volunteers, specific units are getting tapped to cough someone up, and that's where the internal list comes into play?

I wish there was a way to quantify this, if it is the case...my gut feel is this happens to very few, because I have seen quite a few jump at these MOB's, either because they are hurting in the civilian work force or they are just "permanent active" reservists that are always going from assignment to assignment.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I guess I'm trying to figure the connection, because from what I see now, all the mobilizations are posted for all in order to solicit volunteers...

So you think/know that if there are no volunteers, specific units are getting tapped to cough someone up, and that's where the internal list comes into play?

I wish there was a way to quantify this, if it is the case...my gut feel is this happens to very few, because I have seen quite a few jump at these MOB's, either because they are hurting in the civilian work force or they are just "permanent active" reservists that are always going from assignment to assignment.

Within the CNAFR claimancy, here's how it goes down (or at least the basics).

-MOB req comes up for a 13xx. Important because 13xxs can only take 13xx jobs now.

-No one volunteers within whatever allotted time is needed.

-MOB gets pushed to CNAFR, who then goes to the various wings for assignment. They try and rotate the MOBs through TSW, MSW, VR, TRACOM.

-Within each Wing, the units within the Wing already know they're next on the list to get tasked. Email/call goes out to that particular unit by the OIC/CDRE saying they're up.

-CO should already have identified (and hopefully told) which member or members are next in line. He passes to the member that they're up for a MOB.

-Member has minimal time to drop his paperwork to the IRR. It's very possible the reply time is quicker than the IRR process. As a result of this, many units have had members drop to IRR ahead of time and just bow out early, regardless of how potentially few INVOL MOBs.

I agree, there seems to be much fewer MOBs now, and that seems to be the continuing plan.

subreservist

After attending drill this weekend, I learned one of my fellow SELRES is getting involuntarily mobilized. He is an 1115; we were both surprised, as without the RMP list, one would just not think too much about getting called up. So this definitely proves there is a list of some sort (or an order of which units are required to cough up a body), it's just no longer visible as when the RMP list was around. I can honestly say I prefer the list, as you could at least anticipate your probability and even choose to go on a MOB that you picked for yourself vice waiting to see if you would get the call up off the RMP.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
After attending drill this weekend, I learned one of my fellow SELRES is getting involuntarily mobilized. He is an 1115; we were both surprised, as without the RMP list, one would just not think too much about getting called up. So this definitely proves there is a list of some sort (or an order of which units are required to cough up a body), it's just no longer visible as when the RMP list was around. I can honestly say I prefer the list, as you could at least anticipate your probability and even choose to go on a MOB that you picked for yourself vice waiting to see if you would get the call up off the RMP.

As I've mentioned before, there is a list, it's just been pushed down to the unit CO to generate it. If his/her unit is called to be the next one in the chute, he provides the name to the next Echelon. In a perfect world (and it was certainly the case on the aviation side, from what I've seen), the CO has already told the individuals that they are on the list so they have a heads up.

Obviously that doesn't happen for everyone, which is unfortunate.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
There is a new DH that just showed up at 122 and got hit with an IA in Iraq. Also several JO's that made the mistake of telling the Bureau they were getting out are now IA alternates. And the hits keep on rolling...