• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's the next step after OCS as an Intel Officer?

buck_naked88

Does anyone know have any information on where you would go after you graduate OCS as an Intel Officer? And am I allowed to move my family there as well?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Does anyone know have any information on where you would go after you graduate OCS as an Intel Officer? And am I allowed to move my family there as well?
I believe you will go to NIOBC in the Norfolk area for initial intel training.

Logico

You will go to NIOBC for 5 1/2 months or so. It is a PCS move for you and your family (yes, even though it is just under 6 months). Location is at Dam Neck, VA.

Start reading good news sources every single day. Stay away from TV news (except for some things at PBS, BBC, and Al Jazeera). Be able to locate every country on the globe. Become familiar with the major bodies of water, straits, chokepoints, etc. If somebody asks you why Waziristan is important and you can't say...you are wrong! Stop watching spy movies. You'll do fine.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
You will go to NIOBC for 5 1/2 months or so. It is a PCS move for you and your family (yes, even though it is just under 6 months). Location is at Dam Neck, VA.

Start reading good news sources every single day. Stay away from TV news (except for some things at PBS, BBC, and Al Jazeera). Be able to locate every country on the globe. Become familiar with the major bodies of water, straits, chokepoints, etc. If somebody asks you why Waziristan is important and you can't say...you are wrong! Stop watching spy movies. You'll do fine.

Word.... I met a squadron AI and he recommended reading Great Wall At Sea. I aslo ended up also making a bunch of recce card from index cards with line drawings. Apart from that and getting used to reading news everyday theres not a lot you can do.

When are you expecting to start? I can give you some good gouge.