• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's the deal with the 2807-2?

Creeping_Geep

The Fleet Officer application checklist (Rev. Jul 2018) clearly says the 2807-2 is required, but both my command OCS coordinator and medical department are adamant that it is not (medical to the point that they wouldn't even fill it out during my physical). I don't care either way, it just feels weird sending in an application without documents the checklist says are required. Any help?

sarioujr

When emailing the OCS questions distro, Mr. Celestin usually replies with the following info, as it answers most questions.

1. TWO PDF files:
(1) File 1 is application documentation; file must be less than 10 MB
(2) File 2 is medical documentation; file must be less than 10 MB

1. No blank, header pages, or enclosures pages are required
  2. pages 11-13 of the application are not required, also High School
transcripts are not required
4. ALL "HM" and Nuclear sailors must have an approved conditional release
from the Enlisted Community Managers
  1. ALL USNR Sailor must have an approved conditional release from BUPERS
  2. Official transcripts from ALL Colleges attended are required, showing
conferred degrees; if transcripts are foreign, transcripts must be
translated from an accredited U.S. Evaluation service, provide all
translated and original language transcripts with application submission.
7. Board results may be released to BOL 2 - 10 weeks after the convening of
the board
8. If applying for CWE-18400, CW-18100 or SWO-CW-11605, INTEL-18300,
OCEANO-18000, IP-18200 please include copy of your SF - 86
  1. The DD 2807-2 is not required
  2. Request applicant contact Detailer if under orders to inform of
intention to submit for OCS or within 90 days of current PRD to obtain PRD
adjustment.
11. In the PRT Block write COVID-19 and supply the last 6 PRT Cycle PRIMS
Report.

I didn't send in the DD2807-2 when I applied in May for the June IW board, but the package was still accepted and went to board and I am now ProRec-Y for IP.

My Fleet Officer Application Checklist states I need DD 2808 and DD 2807-1. I'm going to assume it would be the same guidance for DD 2807-2 above, but what about DD 2808?

Jacksa71

The Fleet Officer application checklist (Rev. Jul 2018) clearly says the 2807-2 is required, but both my command OCS coordinator and medical department are adamant that it is not (medical to the point that they wouldn't even fill it out during my physical). I don't care either way, it just feels weird sending in an application without documents the checklist says are required. Any help?
That checklist got updated. You should have a sept 2021 checklist. I have all required documentation from the checklist. Rather have it and not need it than don’t have and need it.