• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whats Next

Vipergallo

Hey all,

So today I took the ASTB and felt confident through out the test. I received my scores and boy was I very disappointed. My scores where a 5/6/5 47 :confused:.

I am contemplating retaking for a better scored but not sure. Do you guys think I should retake or consider other positions in the Navy?

Chris

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I'll tell you what I've been told by many others. Do what is going to make you happy. There's no point in you pursuing a field you're not interested in, or you won't be happy in. This makes for a bitter and angry person, and all too often, a poor leader. If you want to be a pilot/NFO, then set your goals, study, and re-take the test. If I were you, I'd take a practice test (Arco, or something similar) and see what your weak areas are. Then, consult with people who are better at math/science/English than you are. While studying with my friend, I was able to help raise each one of his aviation scores by 1-2 points, and his OAR by almost10. Do what it takes to get what you want. Remember, you still have two opportunities to take the ASTB, and ONLY two. So, make them count.

Is your heart set on aviation, or are there other fields that interest you? Either way, your OAR can be improved upon. Getting that up to at least a 55 will make you a lot more competitive (not knowing what the rest of your packet looks like)

jlil41

You could just apply and see if you get in. If you do there is no need to take it again, but if you are not accepted you still have your two other chances to take the test. Take it and apply again. JMO.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Hey all,

So today I took the ASTB and felt confident through out the test. I received my scores and boy was I very disappointed. My scores where a 5/6/5 47 :confused:.

I am contemplating retaking for a better scored but not sure. Do you guys think I should retake or consider other positions in the Navy?

Chris

If you are going to let a crappy ASTB score get in the way of your dreams, then by all means do so. My advice would be to stick to your guns, study, and re-take. You will have many obstacles and failures down the road if you go aviation, so the key is learning from them and constantly seeking to improve. Just because you didn't do that great on the test doesn't mean that you aren't cut out to be a pilot/NFO/whatever. Study up on the areas you had difficulty in, and I am sure you will do better next time around.

BuckWild

Advanced - VT-35
If you are going to let a crappy ASTB score get in the way of your dreams, then by all means do so. My advice would be to stick to your guns, study, and re-take. You will have many obstacles and failures down the road if you go aviation, so the key is learning from them and constantly seeking to improve. Just because you didn't do that great on the test doesn't mean that you aren't cut out to be a pilot/NFO/whatever. Study up on the areas you had difficulty in, and I am sure you will do better next time around.

My scores were similiar...5/6/5/ 50. I was PRO-REC'd in April for Pilot and NFO. I do understand that slots are very limited right now, but the ASTB is not the end all for package selection.

chnsx7

or you should just go ahead and apply. People have been accepted previously with scores similar to yours.