• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to put in OCS contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighuggies

If/when we all get accepted to OCS (let's hope) and it comes time to contracting, what goodies should we make sure gets into the contract (i.e. bonuses, G.I. Bill, PRK eye surgery, red fluffy dice for jet review mirror, etc.)

Are there any goody differences between and what an NFO contract is eligible for, and a ground contract?

ChrisAg05

Yeah, alls I got was a T-shirt and a water bottle. And my OSO told me they were both advertising gimmicks to get more people in.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I got a frisbee!! But he also let me take anything I wanted, so took just about everything cool that they had, my cuboards (sp?) are filled with navy cups, which are actually quite nice, the water bottles are cheap, they leak like there's no tommorrow.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got nothing. I'm not complaining either, BDCP is the greatest.

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
Yeah the enlisted get all the really cool stuff. I got a shirt, a mug and a pen. I'd give up the mug and the pen for a frisbee though. I'd use that more.

KBayDog

There is a priceless "goodie" already worked into the contract:

A guaranteed chance to earn the title, "United States Marine."

R

RickyDT34

I got a coffee cup, water bottle, t-shirt, pen, bookbag, cooler, Naval Aviation DVD, and some other crap. When I walked out I felt like I had robbed the place. All I wanted was a frisbee though. Oh yeah, and I got flight training.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
bighuggies said:
If/when we all get accepted to OCS (let's hope) and it comes time to contracting, what goodies should we make sure gets into the contract (i.e. bonuses, G.I. Bill, PRK eye surgery, red fluffy dice for jet review mirror, etc.)

Are there any goody differences between and what an NFO contract is eligible for, and a ground contract?

BigHuggies- so far all of your posts have been about getting goodies in your contract and complaining about the NFO contract being too long. Look man, you need to seriously evaluate your reasons for joining the Marine Corps. Understand this right now-
There are no ****ing goodies.

OCS sucks, TBS sucks 10 times worse (but in a different way), and there are better things to do with yourself than become an NFO if all you are concerned about it a comparable civilian job. There isn't one. You should join the Marine Corps with an NFO contract if you want to be an NFO until 2012. If you are simply looking for a means to a more comfortable lifestyle in the future there are more efficient ways to go about it.

penderwt

yut king
howard dean is a f;plj;l;laksjdf! (so is ted kennedy)

sorry, having the laptop w/me while i'm sitting in front of my TV can be dangerous...
what not to tell your OSO/put in your personal statement for the OCS app...."i yell at the tv sometimes"

Status
Not open for further replies.