• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwm522

I feel I have a strong application but my PFT is around 215. After reading all these threads, does this mean I probably wont get accepted. I am almost at 15 pull ups and 100 sit ups but it is the run that is hurting me. I am in decent shape but I am still running like a 23.30 3 mile.
A problem I am running into is shin splints when training. I would have to imagine that shin splints is common in OCS. If so what do people do when they start getting them?
If I run a three mile in that time can I get though OCS? I would imagine that time would increase each week I am in, but I dont know for sure.
Next question, If I do get accepted I would be leaving for OCS inbetween my junior and senior summer (this summer) on June 6 till around Aug 18. My school starts back up on the 23rd. What if I were to get held back for some reason. what would I do if I have to be back at school to graduate?
Sorry this is so long I would really appreciate any responses becuase I am sending my application in on Friday to get in for the March 15 board.

I think the minimum qualifying score is 225. I don't know about the odds of getting selected with a minimum score. I'm sure it would depend on the rest of your app. Why not ask your OSO?

Darin

To point out the obvious, doing those extra 5 pull-ups will help you a lot more than lowering your run score.

If you have a slower run and lower pull-up score, you aren't likely to get accepted. If you are slow you better be really strong, and vice-versa.

-D

Something doesn't add up

100 s/u, 15 p/u, and 23:30 is 242 not 215.

Either your PFT is not as bad as you think, or you are exaggerating a little.

RyanVR

Doing the extra 5 pull-ups is not necessarily the better choice.

I was selected with 243 pft (PLC not OCC though)

11 pullups
100 situp
20:30ish on run

1 pull up-5 points
6 seconds faster-1 point

My vote is work on the run. If you get the run down to 20 or sub 20, you will no doubt lose some amount of weight i would bet. And in doing so will naturally improve your pull-ups.

If you get shin splints, search around for other people's solutions for them. Sometimes it can be something as simple as bad shoes for your feet/stride/whatever.

Good luck,
Ryan Von Rembow
PLC-186 candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.