• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

froghead1

I found out I was not Prof Rec'd for Pilot/NFO/Intel and am now considering what to do. My recruiter said I can reapply within 6 mos. with the same application, as long as I get a few more letters of recommendation or add something substantial to it. I had a 59 7/6/7 on the ASTB and am considering what to put as my choices this time. I had some good letters and although my gpa was low and I majored in Intl. Studies, the recruiter seemed to think I had a good shot. He mentioned supply, and although it's not really what I want to do, it might be an easier way to get in and then look at laterally transferring to the aviation community. Can anyone give me some insight on what Supply is like, and if anyone has done a lateral transfer from supply to NA/NFO, please let me know what you had to do. Thanks.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not speaking from personal experience, but I wouldn't go for supply unless you know you'd be happy with it. If you go in just trying for a transfer, what happens if you don't get it? Would you be able to handle supply for 4 years? If so, then go for it. Good luck.

Gonzodogg

I am also not speaking from experience, but I know that tranfers are becoming more difficult as they are aware that this is what people are looking to do.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
The other thing to keep in mind for a lat transfer is that by instruction, you need a minimum of 24 months of commissioned service. However, getting into supply now may be tricky, because I read that the Supply community manager will endorse any lateral transfer out of the supply corps for Officers LT and below because they're too fat in the JO ranks. Lateral transfer boards are held semi-annually, and after 2 years, you can apply as many times as you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.