• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to do?

error957

Hello all,

New to the Air Warriors.
Posting because I'm at a crossroads and in the dark about the future (everything really). Recently, I failed to get into NUPOC (big mess up on my end, didn't leave a lasting impression on the admiral). I still got a year left of my undergrad and started considering other programs (intel so far). Haven't took the ASTB or OAR yet. I'm just lost. Any words, tips, or advice for me? GPA is 3.82, STEM major if y'all need to know.

Thanks.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Welcome. What’s the whole NUPOC story - did you apply for it and get turned down for some reason? Where does this admiral come into the story? Depending on what got you turned down (medical, character, etc.) and how it came about, it could be disqualifying for other officer paths. Is the Navy paying for your degree?

error957

I got all the way to the admiral interview in DC, so I suppse it was character wise. The navy isn't paying for my degree. I'm not in ROTC or anything like that.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I got all the way to the admiral interview in DC, so I suppse it was character wise. The navy isn't paying for my degree. I'm not in ROTC or anything like that.
What . . . . . does this . . . . . mean?

If your in an engineering degree look into the civil engineer corps also. They also have a collegiate program like NUPOC.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Hello all,

New to the Air Warriors.
Posting because I'm at a crossroads and in the dark about the future (everything really). Recently, I failed to get into NUPOC (big mess up on my end, didn't leave a lasting impression on the admiral). I still got a year left of my undergrad and started considering other programs (intel so far). Haven't took the ASTB or OAR yet. I'm just lost. Any words, tips, or advice for me? GPA is 3.82, STEM major if y'all need to know.

Thanks.

Apply to the Guard.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Hello all,

New to the Air Warriors.

Thanks.

1. Many people fail the interview with the Admiral. I have a buddy who's an LDO and a prior Nuke MM. He went to the admiral's interview thinking he would be a shoe-in to become a Nuke LDO. He failed. Don't take it too hard.
  2. Depending upon what you want to do with your career, you can apply to another designator completely unrelated to engineering or ask your recruiter about becoming an Civil Engineering Corps or Engineering Duty Officer. That would allow you to use your degree.
  3. Get hot on the ASTB (Is the OAR a separate test now?) as most other designators use that as a metric for potential within their community.

exNavyOffRec

1. Many people fail the interview with the Admiral. I have a buddy who's an LDO and a prior Nuke MM. He went to the admiral's interview thinking he would be a shoe-in to become a Nuke LDO. He failed. Don't take it too hard.
  2. Depending upon what you want to do with your career, you can apply to another designator completely unrelated to engineering or ask your recruiter about becoming an Civil Engineering Corps or Engineering Duty Officer. That would allow you to use your degree.
  3. Get hot on the ASTB (Is the OAR a separate test now?) as most other designators use that as a metric for potential within their community.
In all my years I only heard of 1 person who made LDO and the Admiral said no, I heard he loved being a non nuke LDO though.

exNavyOffRec

Hello all,

New to the Air Warriors.

Thanks.
more specific on what degree, STEM covers many.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
You have a ton of options so I wouldn’t get too worked up.

taxi1

pilot
Hello all,

New to the Air Warriors.

Thanks.
Besides having a job, what interests you?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
In all my years I only heard of 1 person who made LDO and the Admiral said no, I heard he loved being a non nuke LDO though.

My buddy thought he had royalled screwed up his life until he got back to the carrier and spoke with his RO. His RO listened to him and said "[Buddy] you just got the greatest gift the Nuclear Navy could have ever given you. Congratulations." He's now having a blast as a non-Nuke MPA on normal ships.

exNavyOffRec

My buddy thought he had royalled screwed up his life until he got back to the carrier and spoke with his RO. His RO listened to him and said "[Buddy] you just got the greatest gift the Nuclear Navy could have ever given you. Congratulations." He's now having a blast as a non-Nuke MPA on normal ships.
If I had followed through and submitted an LDO/CWO application that probably would have been me lol