• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what to do with your pet while deployed/on det/etc

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
One of my buddies had his parents take careof his dog on his 1st deployment, and his sister on his second.

Coppertop222

:doggy_125
That's a GREAT idea, maybe we can cryogenetically freeze our families when we leave too that way nothing happens to them I mean after all its only about us.
:eek:
[/rant]
:)
Sounds like a good site tho for people who have no family to help with pets. I've heard of others like it that help...

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My buddy had a "Basinji" (no idea how to spell that, it looked like 'Santa's Little Helper' on the Simpsons). He sent it home with Mom when she visited Hawaii. Flash foward to us picking it up from the kennel after deployment and the requisite quarantine. I guess it didn't recognize him (or maybe it did). As he's standing there, filling out the paperwork, my buddy looks at me and says "Is he peeing on me?" Sure enough, the dog had a leg up and was letting go on his sandals.

So...wear boots when you pick up your dog.