• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to bring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isshinwhat

None
This is my first post here, but I have to say I've enjoyed reading the info on the site. Thanks to all who post.

I'm taking the ASTB soon and am curious what, other than ID, I need to bring. Is it different for every station?

Take care,

Neal

JKD

I'd bring a stopwatch (non-programmable, meaning you can't use it as a calculator).
The room I took the test in didn't have a clock, and the person administering the test was behind a 2 way mirror (you couldn't ask how much time you had left).

Gonzodogg

I actually would not bring a watch.

Yes, it true that on the first few sections you are pressed for time, but if you obbsess over the time, you'll just distract yourself. The only thing you have to remember is not to spend too much time on any single math problem. If you do that, you'll be fine.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
The biggest section that has time constraints is the spacial section, but I still had time to go back and check about half of mine.

isshinwhat

None
My scores were 8,9,9,59. Thanks for all the info. The study guides were a great help.

Take care,

Neal

P.S. What exactly is the OAR, and what is a good score?

p1nky1298

Death Dealers
im told 4/6 is passing, and competitive. So 8/9 should be more than enough. I believe the 59 has to do with being an Officer. I think you only have to score higher than a 45 on that section, might be less than that.

congrats on your score. did you take form 1 or 2. How much did the downloads help you?

isshinwhat

None
Thanks for the info. I took Form 1, and the gouge on the site helped me narrow my field of study a lot. I used a few other tools, like general knowledge books for geometry formulas, and a KISS Guide to Sailing that I had laying around for some nautical information. I majored in Aerospace in college, though, so the aviation part I had drilled into me for 4 years and I was familiar with.

Take care,

Neal

Status
Not open for further replies.