• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to bring when you check in

JTH

You want the real gouge on what to bring to OCS?? Here you go....

Ibuprofen: Here is how you do it.. Get a discrete, non medicine bottle and fill it full then stuff cotton in it so it doesn't make noise stuff it in a sock. Pass it out to anyone who you know is having a tough time.
Vitamin C/EmergenC: The emergenC packets were a pain I had a big bottle of vitamin C and it worked better. Same as the Ibuprofen.
Lotion: Why you ask? Your hands will start to crack from washing them 20 times a day. Eventually peoples hands start to crack and bleed.. Having a bottle of lotion helps everyone out. Try to stay away from the hand sanitizer. It dries your hands out real bad.
Cough Drops: The Halls Vitamin C taste to best. They are basically candy.
You can also have your girlfriend send pieces of gum in letters! Oh yea.....
Moleskin: I never used it but it was good to give to other people who did get blisters.
Neosporin: You will get random cuts and stuff.
Quite clearly me and my roommate were terrible at following rules. A lot of people won't agree with this advice but they are wrong, you have to think of your classmates and your team over anything else. I'm more than willing to take chances to help someone else out. Your number one goal is to not get sick or hurt. OCS for the most part is a huge joke in comparison to what lay ahead during your actual career. Take care of your classmates and self before anything else...

Follow that advice, and you'll get seawalled if you get caught. Most class teams will allow many of those items if the class asks for them. Go over the class team's head though? Not worth the risk in my opinion.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor

Ibuprofen: Here is how you do it.. Get a discrete, non medicine bottle and fill it full then stuff cotton in it so it doesn't make noise stuff it in a sock. Pass it out to anyone who you know is having a tough time.
Vitamin C/EmergenC: The emergenC packets were a pain I had a big bottle of vitamin C and it worked better. Same as the Ibuprofen.
Lotion: Why you ask? Your hands will start to crack from washing them 20 times a day. Eventually peoples hands start to crack and bleed.. Having a bottle of lotion helps everyone out. Try to stay away from the hand sanitizer. It dries your hands out real bad.
Moleskin: I never used it but it was good to give to other people who did get blisters.
Quite clearly me and my roommate were terrible at following rules. A lot of people won't agree with this advice but they are wrong, you have to think of your classmates and your team over anything else. I'm more than willing to take chances to help someone else out. Your number one goal is to not get sick or hurt. OCS for the most part is a huge joke in comparison to what lay ahead during your actual career. Take care of your classmates and self before anything else...

The biggest problem I see with this now is that you posted it on an open forum. I'm sure there a plenty of guys at OCS that read these boards and will now be looking even harder. Just my opinion.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Not to mention that encouraging people to break the rules, that's just setting them up for failure. The correct thing to do would probably bring up these concerns with your class team. If you really need these things, they'll probably let you either purchase them, or get them from the TMC (or whatever the Navy equivalent is)

z5levi

So here's a question. In my little blue Navy success guide (the one that your recruiter may have given you when you swore in) it says to bring white socks with you. No other colors will be aloud. What's the deal with people saying that they are bringing black boot socks? Is my guide wrong?

Tomodachi

pilot
Black socks are required to be worn with the NWU's... the white socks are for PT.

Someone that has been there chime in if I am incorrect.

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None

Don't forget to cornhole a shiv just in case shit gets crazy over in GenPop.

Also, I think this thread got seriously derailed from the beginning. The OP could have gotten some huge laughs and great pictures watching a whole flock of newbies check in with giant fucking ironing boards. You guys screwed up his fun. At least, I assume that's why he posted that. If so, well done OP.