• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What the...

Raptor2216

I was going though the pics up on the OCS website when I came upon this one.
What the heck is up with that arm?

Attachments

• photo76.jpg
    photo76.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 426

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
P_ubhi18 said:
I was going though the pics up on the OCS website when I came upon this one.
What the heck is up with that arm?
Looks like she just had blood drawn.

Brett

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
Tulman737 said:
you get blood drawn during in-processing

Well, you might get blood drawn during in-processing. It depends how current your labs are. I'll tell you this, at no time during my 12 weeks at OCS did they draw blood from me at medical. Now out in the TA, that's an entirely different story :icon_wink

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I was a f@%#ing pin cushion for those masochists at medical during both in processings. The wrap on that candidate in the picture is just to hold her little gauze pad in place while she's hurring from place to place with her large and small bag issue in tow. Wasn't that long ago for some us. Good to be done. Roger that?

Ann Merke

Ahh, I was standing on the other side of the parade deck forming up before marching to chow, watching those females get their Pick Up Day delights. Yes, laughing at them. Yes, glad our day was 5-6 weeks past.
I too was a pin-cushion at medical on our day. I had to get blood-drawn and got about 6-7 shots since I didn't bring my shot records. We then went and ran a PFT the next morning- hows that for a mindf&*%? Telling you all these shots will most likely make you sick in the next couple days, then making you run your first physical event then next day. I wanted to die. For the record - I didn't get sick. But I was wishing for a quick death while running the 3 mile the next day. Honest to god, that was the hardest part of OCS for me - running the first PFT. You are exhausted already, not used to the climate (if not from that type of environment), and all sorts of trash. Good times!!!

Taxman2A

War were declared.
DocT said:
I was a f@%#ing pin cushion for those masochists at medical during both in processings. The wrap on that candidate in the picture is just to hold her little gauze pad in place while she's hurring from place to place with her large and small bag issue in tow. Wasn't that long ago for some us. Good to be done. Roger that?

Get used to it, I have had four different instances where I was checking into a new command in my career so far. At each check in, I have completed the full battery of shots. Oh yeah, and I NEARLY completed the full battery of shots pre-deployment as well, because the same doc who gave me the shots the last time claimed that "the last guy didn't mark it in your file"... I said "YOU did it!" and he said "oh let me double check... yeah I thought I remembered you sorry about that sir". If you joined the Marine Corps not good with needles, you will become an expert.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I don't mind needles, I sure as hell don't love 'em, but I can live with them. Glad to hear some of OCS carries over into the fleet.