• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What the Recruiter tells me.

Chrisi88

Hi. My name is Christina. I'm interested in doing the BDCP program and finish my degree. I have aprox. 2 more years left, so I have at least 30 credits.. and I do qualify for the program so everything is good to go as far as that. My recruiter tells me that I must attend boot camp first and enter into reserve status before I can get this scholarship.. I was wondering if anyone has went this route? Or if he is sending me the right route or not. I don't mind going through boot (although they may not send me for awhile being that there is a wait) the only draw back is I cant get the BDCP until I complete boot camp ect. which sucks because I start back school after this semester in august. Oh, and I'm doing BDCP to go the navy pilot route, I'm attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.

NAVYBM2

Contributor
Boot Camp? NO, NO, NO!!! Are you talking to an officer recruiter?
With BDCP, you will be enlisted and be considered active duty, there is no BOOT CAMP. Your "boot camp" is going to be after you graduate and is called OCS.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Wow, he is feeding you an almost unbelievable line of BS. You need to talk to an officer recruiter ASAP and quit answering this guy's calls. It's one thing to mis-guide someone, but this guy is flat out lying to you. Hope that helps!

NAVYBM2

Contributor
Wow, he is feeding you an almost unbelievable line of BS. You need to talk to an officer recruiter ASAP and quit answering this guy's calls. It's one thing to mis-guide someone, but this guy is flat out lying to you. Hope that helps!
So sad isn't it? This is how I got suckered into the NAVY in the first place! For me, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise, but I served with some guys that were downright miserable all because of what their recruiter told them.
I wish I knew about this website back in 2001.

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
FYI, if you're in PSL, you're probably going to be dealing with Officer Recruiters down in Sunrise. You can reach them at 954 845 0101. The office is backed up right now due to the number of applicants calling in, but if you're qualified, you could probably have an interview within 2 to 3 weeks.

goopscoop

This kind of stuff from a few enlisted recruiters is shameful and doesn't do the Navy's image any good. No wonder I was treated like the plague in some high schools when working recruiting, even when pushing the Academy message. Best of luck to you Christina. You're in the right place now. AW is the best on the web for accurate gouge.

Chrisi88

Thanks Everyone!! Yea I found out on my own about the officer recruiter because the other recruiter kept giving me false INFO!!! Ugh im soo annoyed, I know now that I have to get the rest of my 30 credits to qualify for the BDCP and take the ASTB test to apply for the scholarship. My new Officer recruiter told me it takes aprox. 2-6 months to get the scholarship.. so wish me luck!!! I take the ASTB in MAY-JUNE. If anyone wants to throw any other advice my way let me know!!