• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What should OCS hopefuls major in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricechex

I know that I must take calculus and physics but do I need to majors in something like engineering? Does it matter even if I apply for OCS after I complete my degree as opposed to STA?
jump2reflection_125.gif

cricechex
AME2STA2NA

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you're considering STA then I guess you're enlisted, right? I went the BDCP route and they take all majors. I took business calculus, which is much less intensive than the calculus that engineers take. Also, the only physics I've ever had was in high school. I don't know if that answers your questions but hopefully it helps a little. Good luck.

erabe07

The way I understand it, Technical degrees are preferred to other degrees. Still, its probably more important to major in something you are interested in (and therefore will generally do better in). Of course if you're intrested in a technical field (being a pilot hopeful maybe Aerospace Eng.) is the best way to go. My two cents worth is that its better to have a high GPA in a non-technical field then a low GPA in a technical field (although I'm just a lowly BDCP'er, and have no proof to back this up). I do know that in the BDCP program they prefer technical degrees and you can be enrolled in it for a year longer then with a non tech. degree (3 yrs vs. 2), but this wouldn't apply to you if you're going to apply for OCS after your degree is complete.

cricechex

bcgeib,
business calculus? I've never heard of that. I haven't left for RTC yet, but I am enlisted.
Thanks for the information.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
yep, for business majors. you apply the math stuff to money related problems.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Cricechex,
I would major in Advanced Hopscotch. IT's a great mix of Physics and PRT!!

bouncy_125.gif

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.