• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What should I expect in OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am currently looking into the officer training programs offered through the Army, Marines, Navy, and Air Force. Aside from the general requirements that they all have(bachelors degree, high moral character, US citizenship…), what types of standards are upheld when selecting civilian candidates for each particular program? What are the key differences between the Navy OCS program and other branch's OCSOTS programs? (I have already checked out each branch’s online info. regarding their respective programs.)

frogggystyle

You can use this for Navy OCS reference - http://www.geocities.com/frogggystyle/hobbies/ocs.html

My experiences may differ from yours because I was prior enlisted and did not come in to the program from the civilian sector.

The only thing I ever heard about the Air Force OTS programs is that they have laptops there is a big screen TV/DVD player for them to watch. I heard that from some Navy OCS candidates that went to some athletic competition with the Air Force on their base.

The Air Force OTS is not as physically stringent as the Navy's or the Marine Corps' officer programs. That's about the only thing I can say for sure.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)

Thanks for the link froggystyle. That site is really thorough and it answered a lot of my questions about the Navy's OCS program.

frogggystyle

Word.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)

Status
Not open for further replies.