• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is the difference between a Marine and others

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Lately, I’ve seen some of the typical questions about Marine OCS vs. Navy OCS, etc. Also, there have been some posts about preparing for OCS, or what it takes to be successful. Beyond the physical requirements, it all boils down to attitude. The Marines call it “esprit de corps.” I’m not always that easily motivated, but this essay by a Sgt from the Vietnam era got me fired up. A must read for any Marine that takes the time to read this forum.

http://www.grose.us/faqdir/differences.htm

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
That's very cool, but I gotta stand up for my shipmates and point out a glaring misconception:

"The Navy and Air Force enlistees are sailors or airmen as soon as they get off bus at the training center."

Nonsense. I was a recruit until I passed battlestations towards the end. There's a lot of tradition in the Fleet, and they don't just hand out the title "Sailor." I had to earn it. Even then, as a slimy wog, I wasn't fully accepted until I became a shellback. I realize he's proud of the Corps & is trying to prove a point, but he's wrong. Heheh

Status
Not open for further replies.