• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is the best platform for NFOs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksonwt2g

Obviously this is a matter of taste but on average what community has the happiest and what community has the most irate FOs?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For the most part, we NFO's are happy-go-lucky types of people (IMHO). As far as the type of squadron that has the happiest NFO's, I'd venture to guess that the S-3 community currently holds that title. Little work for lots of pay (and heck they have a stick on the right side). If being a fighter kinda-guy is what you've dreamed of since you were a little boy (or girl), then fighters are where you'll be happiest. I've personally had lots of satisfaction being a Prowler NFO because the EA-6B community is run by the NFO. This isn't necessarily true for them pointy nosed squadrons.

As an NFO, doesn't matter where you go, you will AWAYS do mission planning. It's just one of those thing you have to do. Some people play with bombs, and others play with trons. You'll have fun with whatever you do. Good luck!
ea6bflyr

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Something to consider besides "happiness" with the community is the current and future status of the mission. The big money, currently, and in the future, will go to Information Warfare. That means VAQ/VQ. Both are NFO communities. I'd look real carefully at VAQ, but my preference is for tactical missions and the CV environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.