• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is the 2011 demand for NFOs?

Just wanted to know what the current demand was for NFOs. Recently submitted my OCS packet before the April deadline and am trying to figure out what my chances of selection are based on the demand. Much thanks!

GreenLantern330

I believe nyusn.blogspot.com has posted the quota for 2011, however, most of the selection boards that were supposed to happen have been cancelled, so it is highly likely that the demand for OCS slots for NFOs has changed. Search the link I posted, though, if you'd like a number anyway. Just keep in mind the real number is most likely lower than what is posted.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
"Demand" for NFOs is a strong term. More like "desire" as in, we desire to have someone pack our luggage out to the plane. Maybe expect is a better term. So in a round about sorta way, there is a "demand" signal of sorts.

I KEED, I KEED!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The need for NFO selects in FY'11 is zero. The Navy is full for FY'11.

FY'12 is a different story.
twobecrazy is correct. He goes to the head of the class. Understanding recruiting quotas is often misunderstood. Everyone wants a number, but they haven't a clue what it means. Attention students, class is in session. Recruiting quotas are indeed goaled for a fiscal year. As most know, the fiscal year runs 1 OCT to the end of September (30 or 31, I never learned the rhyme). Here is the inside gouge. A quota is based on when that person will be commissioned. So, since OCS is about 3 months long, a guy going to OCS in July of this year may graduate in October and be a FY12 baby ensign. So you can see, that with July classes binge 60 days away, those quotas are mostly filled with guys that selected months ago, or longer for BDCP guys. Recruiting Command also works in "out years". That means that in calender year 2011 they may be recruiting for FY13 and just fine tuning FY12. Notwithstanding the current suspension of selection boards, a guy that is putting in an application after around March is usually going to come out of the next years quotas becasue he won't be able to get through OCS before the end of the current FY.. I have said it a million times. Don't ever try to game the system or put too much faith in any number or date. Just apply as soon as eligible, and keep applying until selected. There is no magic strategy. Class dismissed. Don't forget to fill out an on line evaluation form. I'll be teaching 0940 section of OCS Indoc for Dummies next semester. Catch ya on the quad.