• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is DEP( delayed entry program) for OCS? Is it enlisting?

kahkakike

I recently signed my application to submit them. There was DEP (delayed entry program), and the recruiter told me it is just monthly meeting until I go to OCS.

Is this also enlisting? I only want to go the officer path, and not enlist at all. I know a lot of people enlist by DEP.

Please, clear my confusion. Thank you so much.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I recently signed my application to submit them. There was DEP (delayed entry program), and the recruiter told me it is just monthly meeting until I go to OCS.

Is this also enlisting? I only want to go the officer path, and not enlist at all. I know a lot of people enlist by DEP.

Please, clear my confusion. Thank you so much.

Prior to and while at OCS you enlist in the E-5 paygrade. It’s in the paperwork you signed…

For future questions or need clarity, ask your recruiter and/or professor. They are standing by to assist.

kahkakike

Prior to and while at OCS you enlist in the E-5 paygrade. It’s in the paperwork you signed…

For future questions or need clarity, ask your recruiter and/or professor. They are standing by to assist.
Hi, thank you so much for clarifying. So, may I ask if the same for everyone signing up for OCS? Thanks in advance.

kahkakike

Yes, everyone at OCS will be in the enlisted paygrade. Some may be in a higher paygrade for a variety of reasons.
I have seen your name a lot here, and I appreciate the helpful content. Thank you so much for always helping out. Can I ask one more? So everyone has to sign the DEP program when applying for Navy OCS, right? I just dont want to mess up my paperwork and somehow sign enlistment stuff.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I have seen your name a lot here, and I appreciate the helpful content. Thank you so much for always helping out. Can I ask one more? So everyone has to sign the DEP program when applying for Navy OCS, right? I just dont want to mess up my paperwork and somehow sign enlistment stuff.

Yes, everyone will sign paperwork once they are selected.

exNavyOffRec

You should have been briefed on this by your recruiter, were you given a DEP book for those going to OCS with items to study?

What is your designator going to be? There have been some FB groups made for those that will be in the same OCS class.

kahkakike

Yes, everyone will sign paperwork once they are selected.
wow that’s interesting. I have only submitted my application, and there is no result of selected or not, but I already sign that DEP (there was a box for the DEP and it was marked by the recruiter)? Can you please explain more?

exNavyOffRec

wow that’s interesting. I have only submitted my application, and there is no result of selected or not, but I already sign that DEP (there was a box for the DEP and it was marked by the recruiter)? Can you please explain more?
Did you go to MEPS and sign anything there?

kahkakike

You should have been briefed on this by your recruiter, were you given a DEP book for those going to OCS with items to study?

What is your designator going to be? There have been some FB groups made for those that will be in the same OCS class.
Hi,
I did not receive any book. I chose swo, and have not submit package yet. Just signing documents today

exNavyOffRec

Hi, I already went and passed MEPS. I signed the application and turn in my LOR, transcript etc today. I signed a page that has the marked DEP (which recruiter told me it is monthly meeting). I have not even submitted my package yet
It sounds as if you just signed some acknowledgements, you can ask it should not be an issue for him.