• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is DEP before OCS? Is this enlisting?

kahkakike

I recently signed my application to submit them. There was DEP (delayed entry program), and the recruiter told me it is just monthly meeting until I go to OCS.

Is this also enlisting? I only want to go the officer path, and not enlist at all. I know a lot of people enlist by DEP.

Please, clear my confusion. Thank you so much.

CWO_change

Can’t answer your overall question, but keep in mind that even at OCS you’re technically “enlisted” (if not a prior with a higher pay grade, you’ll have a pay grade of E5 and rate of officer candidate) and will have an official enlisted service record. All of this is to say you shouldn’t have any concerns.

Its not enlisting in the sense your thinking of. OCS candidates get put in these DEP groups with other candidates waiting to go, its just to make sure you stay motivated and up to date before you go to OCS. I was in one while I waited to go.

Last edited: