• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is a good OAR score for CEC Collegiate?

beezgobuzz

I'm applying for the June '19 board. I have a ~3.8 GPA and go to a Top 5 university in California. I also have a great share of extra curriculars, including volunteering and professional academic groups. I plan to take the OAR exam in 2-3 weeks. What is a good score for the Collegiate Program?

I appreciate all the help!

RecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm applying for the June '19 board. I have a ~3.8 GPA and go to a Top 5 university in California. I also have a great share of extra curriculars, including volunteering and professional academic groups. I plan to take the OAR exam in 2-3 weeks. What is a good score for the Collegiate Program?

Ask your recruiter.

BSchroth

I have applied for the April 22 board, and scored a 52 and have a 3.6 GPA. from talking to my recruiter and my accessions officer during my interview the OAR is almost a non-factor. There is no minimum score. It is mainly to back up your GPA. I did not take the OAR when I had my interview and it was not a big deal. I wanted to study to get the highest possible score I could.

A story my accessions offer told me at my interview. A candidate had a 2.8 GPA and scored a 75 on the OAR. The accessions officer want to understand how he could have such a low GPA and score so high on the OAR. His answer was, worked 40 hours a week and hade two kids while attending college. He did not have time to complete all the assignments and homework. Makes perfect sense and the accessions officer noted the reason. He was selected.

The most import part of the process is the interview. Do your research on the CEC and why you want to join. The job of the accessions officer is to evaluate you and sell you to the other board members.

NavyOffRec

I have applied for the April 22 board, and scored a 52 and have a 3.6 GPA. from talking to my recruiter and my accessions officer during my interview the OAR is almost a non-factor. There is no minimum score. It is mainly to back up your GPA. I did not take the OAR when I had my interview and it was not a big deal. I wanted to study to get the highest possible score I could.

A story my accessions offer told me at my interview. A candidate had a 2.8 GPA and scored a 75 on the OAR. The accessions officer want to understand how he could have such a low GPA and score so high on the OAR. His answer was, worked 40 hours a week and hade two kids while attending college. He did not have time to complete all the assignments and homework. Makes perfect sense and the accessions officer noted the reason. He was selected.

The most import part of the process is the interview. Do your research on the CEC and why you want to join. The job of the accessions officer is to evaluate you and sell you to the other board members.
There are some exceptions, but it really depends on who the accessions officer is and what their views are, that guy was lucky, there was one who was a similar type background and the accessions officer said his low GPA while working a few jobs and being married just showed he didn't know how to properly time manage.

I also had a candidate with a low 3's GPA who I wrote a really good OR writeup on, the candidate had an accessions officer interview did well, and during the board I rec'd a phone call from another accessions officer who wanted to ask me questions about the candidate and why I wrote such a good writeup, I told the accessions officer how I had met the family and they had immigrated and this candidate was the first of their family to go to college, felt a desire to serve to give back, etc...... the result was selection!

bottom line, CEC really depends on the accessions officers, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.