• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What happens if I can't pass commissioning physical?

Atreyu098

I am in my senior year and I am just wondering what happens if I cannot pass the physical. I am currently Navy Dental Class 2 and need to be class 1. I have no idea how I am class 2 but I am trying to work with my unit to see what can happen next (getting a cleaning done and seeing what else). I am just a negative nancy and look at the negatives or the what ifs. Anyone know what happens if I can't get to class 1 thus not passing commissioning physical?

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I am in my senior year and I am just wondering what happens if I cannot pass the physical. I am currently Navy Dental Class 2 and need to be class 1. I have no idea how I am class 2 but I am trying to work with my unit to see what can happen next (getting a cleaning done and seeing what else). I am just a negative nancy and look at the negatives or the what ifs. Anyone know what happens if I can't get to class 1 thus not passing commissioning physical?

Isn't a class 2 just "healthy but needs some minor work done?" - this is what I was told when I was doing a physical and had to go get cavities filled.

Atreyu098

Yeah that's what class 2 is but apparently you cannot be class 2 for commissioning. So I don't know if it's an easy fix like get the cavities or whatever needs to be done fixed or if it is like, yeah no MIDN you now are going to prison like zab said haha.

Renegade One

None
Yeah that's what class 2 is but apparently you cannot be class 2 for commissioning. So I don't know if it's an easy fix like get the cavities or whatever needs to be done fixed or if it is like, yeah no MIDN you now are going to prison like zab said haha.
So don't be Class II at commissioning time. Over to you on that one.

I don't know if there are any military "Jaw Breakers" [e.g., Dentists] on this site…so you probably need to seek guidance elsewhere. There MIGHT be some $$ involved. If you care…you will pay.

Hint: No prison time involved either way…haha.

TexasTools

None

That's kind of strange that class 2 is required for commissioning... class 2 still qualifies as "worldwide deployable" according to BUMED.
I just commissioned in December, and I'm class 3 in Pensacola (wisdom teeth never bothered me so I never got them taken out).

BleedGreen

pilot
I commissioned as a class II. Not sure where your getting that info from but as TexasTools said class II is worldwide deployable, ie not a big deal.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Doublecheck to see if they meant class 3 instead of class 2. If not, get whatever needs to be done to move you to a class 1. You'll unfortunately have to pay out of pocket.

Atreyu098

Hey thanks a lot everybody!

I guess the only thing keeping me from commissioning was the fact that I needed a cleaning.... -__-

THAT'S what would stop me from commissioning. Very interesting, but everything is good to go. Thanks for your help!