• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What % goes to multi-engine?

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
I have friends in Kingville and Meridian who told me that they have enough volunteers to fill most spots for E2/C2 these days. For the times there is no volunteer, the selection is not so much based on performance as it is what kind of a guy you are.

yeah you better hope you make mif on "personality."

Renegade One

None
1 in 5 seems about right, if you assume that a Tailhook Navy Air Wing, at any given time, consists of 5 single-piloted Hornet variant or Prowler squadrons, and one multi-piloted E-2 squadron plus a multi-piloted C-2 det when deployed. I don't know what the various seat factor/pilot-load per type squadron is, but 1 in 5 still seems about as close as you could do in whole numbers.

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot
I realize Navy's needs change, but generally, among those selected for the E2/C2 pipeline, what percentage go E2 and what percentage go C2? 50-50? 90-10?

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
I realize Navy's needs change, but generally, among those selected for the E2/C2 pipeline, what percentage go E2 and C2? 50-50? 90-10?

Another "sneaky percentage" question.

Edit: reading comprehension on my part

Renegade One

None
I realize Navy's needs change, but generally, among those selected for the E2/C2 pipeline, what percentage go E2 and C2? 50-50? 90-10?
Don't know (most honest answer), but if you figure there are what?…10 E-2 "fleet squadrons" in the Navy?...each operating 4-6 Hawkeyes, with a resultant 2-pilot seat factor of X (1.5? More?) per squadron, and only 2 (I think) C-2 squadrons, all operating primarily 1-plane gets (with a pilot seat factor of Y (same seat factor?) in the same air wings? You do the math.

If Vegas had a betting line on this, I'd take "E-2 overs" on the 80-20 line.

DISCLAIMER: I've never driven out of Vegas with more money that I drove in with.

defiant85

None
Don't know (most honest answer), but if you figure there are what?…10 E-2 "fleet squadrons" in the Navy?...each operating 4-6 Hawkeyes, with a resultant 2-pilot seat factor of X (1.5? More?) per squadron, and only 2 (I think) C-2 squadrons, all operating primarily 1-plane gets (with a pilot seat factor of Y (same seat factor?) in the same air wings? You do the math.

If Vegas had a betting line on this, I'd take "E-2 overs" on the 80-20 line.

Right now every fleet E-2 squadron has 4 planes and is supposedly manned at 10 pilots, typically 6 or so JOs. I've seen it down to 7 pilots at several times and squadrons will loans pilots out to ensure manning for those squadrons going on cruise.

The 2 COD squadrons will send out dets for a deployed airwing and our last det had 5 JOs and 1 O-4 OIC.

On a not so distant list it was much closer to a 60-40 E-2/C-2 split for JO pilots in the fleet.