• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What Gets You out of IFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
If I remember correctly, it was a solo cross-country and some type of hours limit (~20 or so). Someone else probably has better gouge.
Don't get yourself out of it if you qualify, it's the best deal in the Navy.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Think twice...

airgreg said:
Don't get yourself out of it if you qualify, it's the best deal in the Navy.

Not a good idea.

See https://www.ifs.cnet.navy.mil/ifscode/help/FAQ.cfm for some FAQs on the program. If the Navy finds out you have, for example, a PPL and did IFS again, it would be frowned upon as it plainly states in the instruction you are not eligible.

Pilot and NFO IFS instructions attached.

r/
G

Attachments

• 3501.2wch1.pdf
    288 KB · Views: 357
  • 3501.1wch1-ch2.pdf
    337.7 KB · Views: 433

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Schnuggapup said:
Not a good idea.

Sir,
I wasn't advising him to lie. That's why I put "if you qualify". I only meant that if he is eligible for the program, it's a good deal.
V/R,
-Greg

kray1395

SlickAg said:
What will get you out of IFS? Do you need a PPL or just a Rec License? Thanks.

A copy of my expired student medical certificate and a quick look at my logbook which showed a completed solo cross-country was enough to validate me for being exempt from IFS. I never got my PPL or Rec license so that doesn't matter. Only had about 32 hours. I know it might be a good deal but I'm glad I didn't have to do it. It's just another hoop to jump through.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
airgreg said:
Sir,
I wasn't advising him to lie. That's why I put "if you qualify". I only meant that if he is eligible for the program, it's a good deal.
V/R,
-Greg

ahhh...you meant if you qualify to take IFS....

No worries. Still some good info to put anyways on IFS and NIFS.

r/
G

Status
Not open for further replies.